You are solely responsible for filing and paying applicable state and federal taxes on any contest winnings of $600 or more. If that should happen, first off, congratulations, and second you must provide Fanball with a W9 form.
Please note that Fanball will only send you a 1099 for the tax year if you have NET WINNINGS of more than $599. If you have won more than $599 regardless of entry fees, you will need to provide the W9 information (so we're not chasing you down at the end of the year).
Please remember the following:
- It's not about the amount you withdraw, it's the amount that is recorded as winnings that triggers the W9 form requirement
- We will take into account the amount of entry fees you have paid into contests
- You may be filling out the form and not have tax implications at the end of year
This information will be used to allow Fanball to comply with tax regulations and may be shared with appropriate tax authorities.
Please click the link right here, to access a W9 form. You must fill out said form and return to Fanball prior to winnings being released.
There are three ways to deliver the form.
1. You can file it electronically by attaching it to a customer service ticket
2. You can fax it to 612-293-3787
3. You can mail a physical copy to us at:
333 Washington Ave N
Minneapolis, MN 55401
If you have any questions, please let us know.